Friday, March 31, 2017

March BoxyCharm Unboxing

Hey everyone!!

March has been such a busy month for me and on top of all that we also went on vacation this month which was amazing!
Heads up guys do not wear brand new Converse when you're going to be doing a shit ton of walking, I now have some super awesome blisters from my vacation. I was just so excited to finally have new Converse even though I knew better *cries *, and even though we've been back for a week I'm still paying for that stupid ass decision.



So do we all know what time it is?
It's BoxyCharm time!
This month's March theme was called Creepy Cute.
To be honest I really don't get how this box has anything to do with Creepy Cute and I just don't really see how that fits into that category besides their photo shoot pictures on their social media, nothing about this screams Creepy Cute. 
I don't really care that it has nothing to do with their monthly theme because I love my BoxyCharm boxes, I'm just curious how they pick a theme because this one seems kinda random.
Let me know what you think about the supposed theme below in the comments or if I'm just a finicky bitch.
I also hear the waiting list has been insane with some people waiting for over a month to get on the BoxyCharm subscription list.

On to the products..



1) Photo Finish Primer by Smashbox ($16)
So they sent a travel sized bottle of this primer in this month's box and every Charmer received one.
As you can guess everyone went ape shit because it was not full sized but to be honest it's still quite larger than a sample, it is half the size of a full sized bottle and a little goes a long way.
It didn't bother me at all because I own this full sized and I even have a full sized backup so I ended up just giving this one away to a friend who was more than happy with a travel size.
Btw that is my full sized bottle in the picture above because I had already given it away before taking a picture, oops.

2) Deluxe Fan Brush #SS023 by Crown Brushes ($18.99)
So as you might have guessed this was yet another controversial item that every Charmer received in this month's box.
Last month every Charmer received a standard fan brush because there was a highlighter palette in the February box.
Here's the funny thing this here fan brush is not in any way similar to a standard fan brush.
I took the picture of these two together so you can clearly see in comparison to the full sized bottle of Smashbox primer that this brush is huge, thick, and not super dense but more densely packed than a standard fan brush.
Lucky for me I was about to order one of these giant fan brushes for contouring but I happened to see the sneak peek they released on their Instagram so I didn't have to.
You can definitely use this for highlighter if you wanna go h.a.m. but they work so much better for contour or bronzer in my opinion, it just fits perfectly under the cheekbone and curves of your face and makes contouring quick and easy.




3) Urban Rustic Palette by Naked Cosmetics ($39.99)
These eye shadow shades are freaking gorgeous and very autumnal which I love year round, the shades also seemed creamy and pigmented enough when swatched but nothing really mind blowing.
This palette is more of an accent palette and needs to be used with another palette as all three shades are shimmer and not to mention bold.
Although this palette is pretty it's not very functional on it's own and I also kinda find it hard to believe that this three pan drugstore quality palette would go for $39.99.
As part of this BoxyCharm I think it's an awesome addition to my collection but I most certainly would not purchase this palette on my own for the price.




4) Matte Liquid Lipstick by RealHer ($15)
I received the shade LadyLove.
For some reason when I first got this I thought it was a lip gloss but when I swatched it I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a matte liquid lipstick.
The shade was a beautiful berry color and although I wouldn't normally wear a shade like this, I found it quite beautiful.
I left this lipstick on my wrist all day and it was still there after many hand washes with minimal fading so that's a good sign as it seems to be pretty long wearing, although I have not worn it on my lips yet.

5) Lipliner by RealHer ($12.50)
I received the shade I Am Unique.
I absolutely love when subscription boxes give you a lipliner that matches the lip color sent and BoxyCharm seems to always be on point with that.
This lipliner swatched easily with minimal pressure, no tugging, yet wasn't too creamy and soft that it lost it's shape.
This lipliner also seemed to have good staying power as it lasted a few hours on its own swatch on my wrist.


Well that was everything that I received this month in my Creepy Cute BoxyCharm, let me know your thought on this month's box or any thoughts that come to mind in the comments below or hit me up on social media.
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog before you leave.

Follow me on BlogLovin'


Products Mentioned:

Photo Finish Primer by Smashbox

Deluxe Fan Brush #SS023 by Crown Brushes

Urban Rustic Palette by Naked Cosmetics

Matte Liquid Lipstick by RealHer

Lipliner by RealHer




No comments:

Post a Comment