Sunday, January 29, 2017

January BoxyCharm Unboxing

Hi everyone!!

Omg, it's been a crazy month. I feel like this whole month has been me being sick and then trying to not get sick again.
It's been extra cold too so obviously there's been lots of binge watching shows.
I'm really into Dexter right now, I'm on season 7 and I don't want it to end *cries *.
Also almost finished with Jane the Virgin.
What shows are you guys watching right now?
Everyone seems to be recommending Gilmore Girls but I cant stand that show.
Leave me some suggestions in the comments below for some good shows on Netflix or Hulu.


So anyways here we are in January and I finally received my BoxyCharm so of course it's BoxyCharm time, let's just jump right in.



I received the shade Cabernet which is a deep wine color.
The packaging is the same color as the product inside with dual ends and silver caps.
On one end we have the actual cheek stain which seems to be more of a balm type formula rather than a cream and comes off quite sheer in the swatch, which would make it easier to use being its a deep color. It did seem easy to blend out fine but also dries down and stains rather quick so you gotta work fast. When I opened mine to swatch it the whole stick of cheek stain actually fell out and honestly there wasn't much product in there but being that a little seems to go a long way I guess this would still last a while
On the other end is a brush for blending out the cheek stain. I don't really like the brush and could not see myself using it, it seems poorly made, mine was unevenly cut, and just seemed too small and stiff for it's purpose. I could see myself using this for a lip stain more than for my face.



2) Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter Set ($35)
In the shades Rose Quartz & Chocolate Diamond
The packaging was a simple antique white color with gold text and a large lid sized mirror on the inside and the highlighter pans were actually quite large which makes getting your brush in there quite easy.
I actually really like the way these swatched, they were very pigmented and they had a lot of shine, I was actually shocked at the colors themselves because in the pan they seemed quite dark like they would not work for pale and light skin tones but they definitely did not come off that way once on the skin and to be honest I wasn't expecting to like these as much as I do and I think these shades would work for all skin tones.


This is your typical fan brush which was a good addition to this month's box since they included a highlighter palette in here too. I really like getting brushes in my BoxyCharm because you can never have too many and if you wear makeup daily like I do then you know it's always good to have backups when you forget to wash a brush or when you're just being lazy.


I haven't used this yet so not really much to say. I have black hair so the true test will be if it leaves a white residue.


I am a simple girl when it comes to my nails. I usually just trim,file, and paint my own nails. I don't go crazy and do all the cuticle oils and stuff (even though I know I probably should) so I was really excited that this was a topcoat rather than some type of nail treatment. I will definitely be using this.

So that's everything I got in my January BoxyCharm.
Let me know what you got in your box below in the comments or hit me up on social media.



2 comments:

  1. That highlighter looks gorgeous! 😍 also I've loved The Client List on Netflix :)
    Whoopsitshannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete