Friday, February 17, 2017

February BoxyCharm Unboxing

Hey everyone!!

Has anyone noticed that that's pretty much my intro now (hahaha), even down to the two exclamation marks after it. I didn't even plan that it just kinda happened now I feel weird if I don't write it.

I started a Facebook page (follow it betches) but anyways before that I never really used Facebook. Now that I have a page I've been looking for some good active makeup groups or beauty blogger groups to join. Ugh it's so exhausting. I found one that I like and they're so helpful but pretty much all the other ones that say they are makeup groups or beauty blogging groups end up being basically just girly groups that talk about just a bunch of like: clothes, bf drama, drama in general, their kids, just random girl stuff you know? All that is fine for some girl talk but that's just not what I'm looking for and it makes finding groups rather hard because they're all named makeup groups and I end up just leaving the group after a week (if I can even make it that long lol). If you know of any good makeup and beauty groups or beauty blogging groups on Facebook that are actually primarily about beauty then please leave me some recommendations below in the comments, there's far too much crap to weed through.


So it's that time of the month again, you know that special time of the month where every one gets pissed they didn't get the product they wanted in their BoxyCharm.
So let's just jump right in.


First off can I just say that this month's box is seriously fucking amazing and btw you can still order this all month long (unless they sell out).



1) Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion ($79)
I had to mention this product first because this was the product I was most excited for this month, this product comes in every BoxyCharm in case you're thinking of ordering this month still.
I'm really into skin care and I love exfoliators so to getting a Dr. Brandt exfoliator this month almost made me pee myself. When I starting squeezing it out for a swatch the first thing I noticed was the scent, omfg the scent. It's a very clean light scent that smells like it has the lightest touch of lemon oil or something similar. It's super clean almost reminding me of an all natural house cleaner with essential oils and baking soda although that might sound weird it's so good, nothing heavy or perfume-y.
When I swatched this the grain was super fine and the creamy paste was completely saturated with the grains which I personally prefer over let's say an exfoliator that has fewer and larger beads. I feel like these kind of super fine and grain saturated formulas really do a better job of exfoliating the shit out of your skin but all that is just personal preference. I am so excited to try this that I had to keep myself from running to the bathroom and squirting this all over my face while swatching it.
(omg! If you watch family guy, do you remember the episode where Brian was squirting sunscreen all over Stewie? lmfao)

(Below L to R - Unexpected, Barcelona Beach)


(Below L to R - Unexpected, Barcelona Beach)


2) Makeup Geek Pressed Eyeshadow Pans ($12 - $6/ea.)
I received shades Unexpected & Barcelona Beach.
I'm a fan of Makeup Geek eye shadows, they're richly pigmented, velvety soft, and blend really easy. Even if you don't order this month's BoxyCharm you should still check out Makeup Geek's eye shadows if you're in need of affordable single pan options. I was even more excited that I got two beautiful neutral crease colors. I know that's so fucking boring but I love neutrals and you know we always run out of those crease shades first. Plus both the shades I received were cool toned which I was happy about because I don't have as many of those.
Unexpected is a cool mauve-y matte pink and Barcelona Beach is a cool toned matte soft brown. Damn this Barcelona Beach one! I am in love with it already and I actually think this would be an amazing contour color too. I could see myself multi tasking with this one on a quick makeup day.



3) Small Z Palette ($14)
Love that they put this in here along with the two eye shadow pans because not everybody buys single pans therefore they wouldn't have had anywhere to put them, plus most people tend to buy the bigger Z Palette's so this one would be great for travel. It holds nine pan shadows. It's also customized with the BoxyCharm logo details just like their boxes which is a great touch. They really killed it this month, good job BoxyCharm.


4) Royal & Langnickel Omnia Eye Kit ($29.98)
I've never tried this brand of brushes before but it's funny because I've actually been looking for their Moda Prismatic line in stores and then I got this so at least I get to try out the brand finally. They feel really soft and it came with a shader brush in gold and a detail brush in copper. You can never have enough eye brushes especially if you wanna be lazy and not have to wash brushes constantly (hahaha).



5) Japonesque Pro Performance Lipstick ($20)
I received shade 06
Once again I fucking lucked out and got a beautiful medium mauve-y neutral shade which is perfect because I wear these kind of shade daily.
It swatched evenly, pigmented, was creamy, and didn't appear to dry down at all which could mean it doesn't wear long but I'll be sure to update on that after I try it out a few times.


So that was this months BoxyCharm let me know in the comments below or on social media if you've tried any of these and don't forget about those Facebook page recommendations.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Products Mentioned

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion

Makeup Geek Pressed Eyeshadow Pans

Small Z Palette

Royal & Langnickel Omnia Eye Kit

Japonesque Pro Performance Lipstick




3 comments:

  1. You got some great items! I've been considering Boxy charm but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff! I love makeup geek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the products you like, it seems pretty cool. I am not make up person but appreciate a cool subscription box.

    ReplyDelete