Friday, February 10, 2017

Makeup Geek MannyMUA Palette & Swatches

Hi everyone!!

Does anyone watch The King of Queens?
OMFG I love this show. It's obviously like 10+ years old and I've seen every episode like a zillion times (FYI: I have the entire show, every episode, recorded on my DVR and I play it on repeat all the time including this exact second lol) but it's freaking hilarious and Carrie for real is my spirit animal. BTW I love Leah Remini because she is literally actually like her character in this show.
She's so feisty and inappropriate and I love it, I guess I can relate.
There's so many funny ass characters and actors in this show too.
If you haven't seen Patton Oswalt's stand up you should check it out, he's funny af and I think there might be one on Netflix.
Watch this damn show, seriously.


Okay anyway, this post today is actually about the Makeup Geek MannyMUA Eyeshadow Palette (in case you couldn't tell lol).
So while I was posting my usual beauty related news posts on my social media (btw follow my twitter or  facebook page because I also post beauty news & new releases) I posted about how Makeup Geek was going to be restocking the MannyMUA Eyeshadow Palette for the last time ever. I had procrastinated every restock saying I didn't need it but the truth is I fucking love Manny as an artist and as a person and while tweeting about this last restock I knew I had to have it. Good thing I didn't debate it this time because it sold out in just a couple hours.
So here it is guys, the swatches of these beautiful eyeshadows that I almost missed out on.

Can we talk about this packaging, omfg I can't even throw away the box it's in because it's so freaking beautiful. It's a rainbow holographic silver print on matte black packaging, so much yes.
The actual palette has the classic Makeup Geek Print & logo that you've probably seen on other collabs which features an almost rose-y gold print on a glossy black thick cardboard palette.
I honestly think they should have put the print from the packaging on the palette but whatever I get it *eye roll *.


The back of the packaging has his picture and a little note.
(Manny!! Why are you so pretty? Why do you make me look like a troll? *sobs *)
The back of the palette though, ugh *cries inside * has moons as the shade markers with the color names. I fucking love little details like these and I love that they even let him do it because it gives collaborations more of personal touch. 


So as you can the inside has a large mirror which is a nice touch but honestly they could have taped a dog turd to the lid and I still would have bought it (hahaha kidding, kinda).
This pic shows the inside of the palette which feature 9 pans of which 6 are brand new and exclusive shades. I personally love when at least most of the shades from a collab (if not all) are actually new and/or exclusive to the palette because it's once again so much more personal and so much more time and effort goes into it rather than just slapping your name on something.
By now I think that I don't even have to say how much I love warm tones but oh my gosh these warm shades make me weak in the knees (I can hardly speak, I lose all control and something takes over me (S.W.V. vibes or no?)) This picture does no justice to how truly gorgeous these shades are and he seriously hit every fucking mark when picking these shades, we have transitions, color builders, dark shades for dimension or even smokiness, shimmers, and that highlight shade though.
You really could use this palette in it's entirety to make several complete looks.
Manny!! You slayed this fucking palette!!
(all exclusive shades marked with *)


It's funny because when I first saw this palette online it was the bottom row that initially called out to me but this shade Luna in the top row is one of my faves.
(Top Row Below
L to R - *Artemis, Beaches & Cream, *Luna)


This shade on the left was another one that ended up being one of my faves, I'm really feeling these lighter shades in this palette. Who even am I (lol)?
(Middle Row Below
L to R - *Cosmopolitan, *Sora, Frappe)


The final row are the deepest shades and equally stunning although I did notice the two matte shades were a little dry and on first swipe appeared a little patchy, that being said they did build up really well and were super pigmented that it didn't affect the final outcome one bit.
That duo-chrome Insomnia, she's a sexy beast.
(Bottom Row Below
L to R - Insomnia, *Mars, *Aphrodite)


When I first got this palette a few weeks ago I was a little hesitant to make a post about it because unfortunately it's not available anymore but as you can see I decided fuck it, this palette was just too beautiful not to share and like I said before I love Manny and wanted to show my support.
If you missed out on this palette I wouldn't be too bummed about it because although this palette is beautiful, these warm tones are always all over, you can find dupes in single pan form or similarly curated eyeshadow palettes even. 

Did you get your hands on this eyeshadow palette? 
Do you just love Manny too?
Let me know your thoughts below in the comments or hit me up on social media.


Products Mentioned:

Makeup Geek MannyMua Eyeshadow Palette




2 comments: