Sunday, May 14, 2017

SugarPill First Impressions

Hey everyone!!

So today's post has been a long time coming.
A few weeks ago (okay more like 8-10 lol) I made my first ever SugarPill purchase, it was beyond exciting because I've been dying to buy and build my own pro palette for months but finally all the colors I wanted were in stock at the same time.
Damn their shade Love Plus is almost always sold out and that was one of my must haves.
I knew I wanted to buy their actual Pro Palette for my pans (pictured below) which holds 12 shadows and I was happy to find out upon ordering that when you purchase 12 pro pans they give you the palette free (score!).
The palette purchased separately is $20, $10 with 6 pans, free with 12 pans.
Just make sure you add it to your basket because it's not automatically added.
It also took so long to write this because I wanted to give myself lots of time to really play with these before I formed my opinion.
Not only was this a first impressions of the brand but I've only recently (past couple months) gotten more in depth with color play and stepping out of my neutral comfort zone.


I was shocked how much I loved all the packaging on everything because you know how I love simple, sleek, clean packaging.
What I loved so much was the attention to detail.
Not only was the palette beautiful but the packaging of the pans was unexpected, as even the inside of the cardboard was really cutesy and printed, you can really tell that they put a lot of time and attention on things that most overlook.
It was so pretty I almost didn't wanna throw them away but I got over that hahaha.


SugarPill's Pro Pans are quite large at .12 oz for $10 bucks each while a majority of standard eyeshadow pans usually weigh in around .05 oz.
Not only are these an amazing fucking deal at more than double the product for less money, the size of the pans make it super easy to really get even your fluffiest blending brush into the product.
While larger pans aren't deal breakers for me by any means they are definitely appreciated and easy to work with plus they really showcase the colors so well.


The eyeshadow shades (holy fuck) they're freaking stunning just sitting there in the palette, the colors are so vibrant it's almost impossible to not be inspired and intimidated at the same time.
The formula is everything I had hoped it'd be and more, these shades really do have an amazing color payoff and they still blend out flawlessly and easily.
One thing I did notice about the formula right away is that they did not swatch the greatest which I did before ever playing with them.
(The swatches below are 2 swatches each shade.)
After playing with them multiple times I understand now why they are this way and it's genius.
The formula is drier than I expected but not in a powdery or chalky way at all, the drier formula allows for the super pigmented shades to be built up to their potential rather than being overly pigmented from the start which makes blending them easier and building them up leaves you with a seamless finish without looking muddy.
I didn't have much kick up at all any of the the times I used these and the only color that gave me any kind of difficulty was Castle on the Hill (dark brown) and it wasn't actually difficult at all it just wasn't as dark of a brown as I thought it'd be from looking at the pan but other than that all the colors are super pigmented and true to the colors in the pan.
I was actually fucking shook at how white and opaque the shade Tako was, it really is crazy good and super pigmented. 
I even shocked myself with this palette as a neutral whore by becoming obsessed with the shade Acidberry.
(Tip: To make these and other bold shadows stand out better you can put down a white base or pencil liner under the shadows or just under the specific shade you want to pop.)

(colors below from L to R: Velocity, Poison Plum, Dollipop, Love Plus, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Midori, Acidberry, Tako, Heart Shaped Cookie, Castle on a Hill, Bulletproof)


I think that these shadows are perfect for daily wear yet so damn vibrant they make the most beautiful art medium, it's hard not to be happy when working with such fun and bold colors.

(colors used below: Acidberry (crease), Midori (lower crease & outer lid), Heart Shaped Cookie (inner & mid lid).)

(colors used below: Love Plus, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Tako, Heart Shaped Cookie, Castle on the Hill.)



Overall I fucking love my pro palette and as you can see it brings out my crazy.
The colors have the perfect amount of pigmentation for easy blending and layering with minimal fallout although I would still suggest doing your eyes first when using such bright colors as accidents can happen.
I'm already planning my next SugarPill Pro Palette but as usual so many are sold out but at least now I understand why.



What do you think of SugarPill's Pro Pans and formula?
Let me know in the comments below or hit me up on social media.
Products Mentioned:

SugarPill Pro Palette

SugarPill Pro Pans:
Velocity, Poison Plum, Dollipop, Love Plus, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Midori, Acidberry, Tako, Heart Shaped Cookie, Castle on a Hill, Bulletproof










No comments:

Post a Comment