Sunday, February 26, 2017

Melt Cosmetics Haul Update

Hey everyone!!

It's 2 a.m. and I can't stop thinking about how badly I want a sandwich, like an Italian sub or something like that, mmm. 
I'm such a carb queen I could eat bread all day and I love sourdough toast so much, I eat it almost everyday. Now I want toast hahaha.

So in early December I did a mini haul from Melt Cosmetics (read here) and since it was my first time trying their products, I'm back for an update.

The Prime Rose Lipstick Collection ($65)
Breaks down to $13/ea.
Sold individually for $19.
Features five neutral rose inspired lipstick shades.
Mum, Old Fashioned, Old Rose, On-the-go, and Stepford.
I love every color in this collection, I am a total neutral & nude whore when it comes to makeup and that is exactly what attracted me to this set.
It's the perfect combo of warm & cool tones.
So after wearing these for the past couple months, here are my thoughts.

(Below L to R: Mum, Old Fashioned, Old Rose, On-the-go, and Stepford)


They have a matte finish but it's definitely more of a soft matte and it was so fucking comfortable to wear, I normally stay away from classic lipsticks because I hate how they always seem to get all over me and I feel like I'm constantly too worried about it to enjoy wearing the lipstick (lol) but these dried down matte enough that it did not smudge onto my face or teeth and did not stick to or smear when my hair got in my face.
That being said these are definitely not long wearing like a matte liquid lipstick but I didn't expect them to be and I had to reapply only 3 hours after putting it on although I was initially bummed how fast it came off I ended up not minding because like I said before they're super comfortable and unlike a liquid lipstick you can reapply over and over again and there's no buildup, patchiness, or uncomfortable thick feeling. They also do transfer and I drink a ton of fluids so I reapplied often without any problems.
The formula was just creamy enough to apply smoothly and they've got great pigmentation, even better they don't highlight any dryness on your lips and feel almost moisturizing.
They have a very faint scent which is kind of a very light vanilla mixed with baby doll plastic (lmfao) I know that sounds weird but that's exactly what I think of and I don't mean barbies, I mean those soft plastic baby dolls. Maybe I'm fucking weird but I really like the scent and I really like these lipsticks.


The Rust Eyeshadow Stack ($58)
Breaks down to $11.60/ea.
Sold individually for $17.
Features five warm earthy eyeshadow shades.
Classic, Antique, Rubbish, Rust, Rott.
I've been trying these out since early December.

(Below L to R: Classic, Antique, Rubbish, Rust, Rott)


Seriously?! Seriously though what is not to love about these, obviously the shades are to die for and the fact that they're all matte literally makes me salivate.
Matte shades are my all time favorite, I fucking love an all matte eye look and it's my daily go to. These have every shadow you need to do a complete look but obviously because they're neutral you can pair it with just about any other palette you might already have.
Matte shadow is not as easy to perfect as shimmer shades as you've probably noticed in some of your own palettes.
I noticed that the majority of Melt Cosmetic's shadows are matte shadows and let me just say I can see why, they fucking nailed it.
These shadows are so creamy and so pigmented so you can definitely expect a little fallout but actually not as much as I thought there would be.
They blended out so easily, weren't patchy, and you only need very little because they really are super fucking pigmented as you can see above with the lightest shade in this stack Classic.
My skin is quite light and these lighter matte highlight shades usually tend to not show up as well on my skin without building it up but damn I had no problem with this at all.
Every time I use these shadows I fall more in love with them and umm have you seen the packaging? These are literally perfect in every way.
I can't wait to get my hands on their Dark Matter Stack next but it's always sold out so I'm constantly watching for a restock, which I will relay to all of you on my Twitter or Facebook page.

I got absolutely lucky that I loved everything I ordered but I will say that if you're thinking about ordering and you could only get one thing from Melt Cosmetics, GO FOR THE SHADOWS!!

Leave your thoughts on Melt Cosmetics and their products you've tried in the comments below or hit me up on social media.

Products Mentioned:

Prime Rose Collection

Rust Stack



No comments:

Post a Comment