Saturday, March 11, 2017

Androgyny Palette First Impressions & Swatches

Hey everyone!!

I'm excited for so many new things this month with my blog, not only products but I'll also be trying to add new types of content as well.
Be prepared for lots of new products and hauls this month because I went nuts (and still am) for my birthday and there will be a lot to talk about.

Soooo...
I've been wanting so badly to share my makeup looks and possibly some kind of tutorials.
I'm trying really hard to break out of my shell and since I was so damn inspired by today's palette, I decided fuck it I'm just going to go for it even if it makes me feel sick to my stomach.
So although I might be too chicken shit for full blown tutorials right now, I'm baby stepping my way there with today's post which includes face pictures and makeup details.

I'm so fucking pumped about today's post.
I was actually going to post something else but my Jeffree Star Cosmetics order came today, so yeah enough said.

Today we'll be doing a First Impressions complete with swatches of the new Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny Palette ($45)

When Jeffree Star first revealed the Androgyny Palette I nearly wet my panties.
I love, love, love Jeffree Star but by now you know that I am a neutral whore so I decided to pass on his first palette, the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Beauty Killer Palette because I knew I wouldn't get much use out of it, even though the sick makeup obsessed psycho in me still wants to buy it (I have to keep telling her no).
So you can imagine when I found out he was releasing his version of a neutral palette, it was already a done deal.
Let me say when I opened up this sexy bitch, it was even more beautiful in person.
I felt like I was on a first date and had too many drinks, I wanted it all over me.
It was so hard but I had to keep reminding myself to keep my fingers and brushes out of the pans because I had to get pictures first.
(I also ordered the Androgyny Liquid Lipstick because it just felt right lol)


The packaging is a bright barbie(?) pink faux snakeskin with gold lettering and detail.
The Androgyny Palette itself seems quite large but the eyeshadow pans inside are larger than your standard let's say Makeup Geek pans which I really like because it's super easy to dip your brush, even the fluffiest of crease brushes.
I prefer large pans as well as square or circle pans over long rectangular pans for the very reason that they can be a pain in the ass to gather product on your brush or maybe I'm just a bitch (hahaha), I mean I'll still use them but it's not my preference.
This Androgyny Palette also has a large interior mirror which is a plus if that's a deal breaker for you.


When I swatched these eyeshadows it was clear they were super fucking pigmented and they held their bold and beautiful pigmentation when swatched.
So we are going to jump right in to some swatches of my beautiful new baby.
(L to R: Frosting, Safe Word, Charm, Deja Vu, Dominatrix, Androgyny, Fetish, Military, Poison, Swallow)


So after I swatched these eyeshadows I couldn't wait to use them.
As someone who would normally go straight for that top row, this palette inspired the fuck out of me. I've always been kind of intimidated and uncomfortable with bright, bold, or just color shades in general but the colors in this palette are much deeper and smokier which complements the neutrals so perfectly that they seemed less scary.
Jeffree Star has managed to convince me that these shades belong in a neutral palette and they all really do play well with each other.
I can honestly say that no other palette has given me the feels that this bad bitch right here has, I can't even explain it and I can see this becoming a palette I reach for multiple times a week.

So as I sat on the floor staring at this palette in awe I shocked even myself and looked past that top row and created a smoky blue and gold halo eye. Seriously, who am I? 
Jeffree Star's Androgyny Palette has awakened something new in me, a need for color.


Just as I had hoped these eye shadows blended out like a dream and held true to their rich pigmentation even after blending but because they're so pigmented I could see this going downhill super quick if you load too much onto your brush.
I didn't have any fallout either which I was shocked by because the formula was so soft and buttery I was absolutely expecting fallout and even did my eye makeup first for that very reason.
The shade Frosting by the way, ughhh so beyond amazing!
I foiled Frosting when I used it because it's a habit and I do it because I really like my shimmers to pop but this shade.. Wow, it was practically metallic once applied, super bright, and so pigmented that I was able to do both eyes with just that one brush dip, that says more than I ever could about the quality and pigmentation of these shadows.
It's fucking crazy how good these shadows are and you really need to see for yourself to believe it.



ON THE EYES:
Androgyny Palette - Safe Word in my crease, Poison in my lower crease and inner & outer corners, Swallow built up in inner & outer corners and lightly over Poison in crease, Frosting on center of lid.
Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Palette - Liberatus on brow bone.
I repeated that combo on my lower lash line, as well as the Frosting in the center.
(BTW I tried out a new brow combo and hate how my brows turned out and they also are way too warm and look orange-y which is hideous on me with my black hair so please look past that)

I am obsessed with this palette and can't wait to use the entire bottom row and now I'm completely convinced I also need the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Beauty Killer Palette.

Leave me comments down below or hit me up on social media.
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog before you leave.

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Instagram

Like my Facebook Page


Products Mentioned:

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Beauty Killer Palette




No comments:

Post a Comment