Monday, July 3, 2017

Revitalift Moisturizer Review

Hey everyone!!


Today is a skincare post because let's be honest, there is a shit ton of skincare products out there and with so many different skin types and needs it can get overwhelming when you're on the hunt for new product.
I mean with skincare being so fucking expensive, no one wants to blow money on shitty products. Especially if you're like me and never return things and instead they go into a sad pile that will eventually be garbage or given away.


So recently I started using the Revitalift Moisturizer by L'Oreal, I received mine free from Influenster and although this post in not sponsored and not required by Influenster, I blog so obviously I was going to blog about this.

Let's start off by saying I have combination skin (oily t zone/normal to dry face) which is currently more on the oily/normal side.

This moisturizer couldn't have come at a better time, I was wanting a new night cream and although this one is for day and night (which they wanted you to do of course) I was all in.
So basically they created the #RevitaliftChallenge which is a 14 day challenge using this product in place of your regular day and night moisturizer.
The Revitalift Moisturizer claims to immediately deeply hydrate and firm the skin,
Smooth out your skin's texture in one week,
and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in two weeks.

The first few days of using this I noticed my skin was very hydrated and even plump feeling throughout the day especially when I woke up in the morning or afternoon (don't judge me lol).
I did also notice though that my face felt slightly greasy and looked a little shiny even in the areas where I'm normal to dry, and it didn't seem to be fully absorbing into my skin and  leaving a thin residue all over my face.

It's really fudging hot where I live so lately I've been going makeup free a couple days a week or whenever I can, so it took me a few days to realize just how bad the residue was.
When I applied makeup over this it clung to the areas of my face that weren't absorbed and looked as though I had dry patches all over my face and if that wasn't bad enough it was also pilling up in balls on the sides of my face.
I really wanted to like this moisturizer so I kept using it but tried using less and sometimes not in my t zone.

At the end of the first week when I was checking out my skin in the mirror I noticed I was getting bumps all over my face, they weren't zits or clogged pores, more of an irritation maybe.
Obviously I stopped using the cream as soon as I saw the bumps and went back to my regular skincare routine and within a week my skin was back to normal and the bumps were gone.

It sucks that this didn't work out for me and obviously that doesn't mean it won't work for you but at least you can take this information into consideration and possibly save yourself some money.

Let me know in the comments below if you've tried the Revitalift Moisturizer.






1 comment:

  1. I am sorry this didn't work for you, i have not heard about this moisturizer much. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete