Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Bright Summer Eye

Hey everyone!!

A few months back I did an Ulta haul and purchased the Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette by Nyx Cosmetics.
(see the Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette swatches)
Since then I've used it maybe twice but usually just one shade here and there for a pop of color on the lower lash line.
I decided it was time to do a complete eye look using the Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette and really try out multiple colors.
I created a bright and fun summer half cut crease, which a friend informed me reminds her of sprite lol.


See what products I used and the steps below to create this bright summer-y half cut crease look below.



Lid Lingerie Shadow Palette by NYX ($9.99)
(see swatches of this palette)

I took the lightest shade (shade 1) all over my already primed and set eyelid.



Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette by NYX ($17.99)
(see swatches of this palette)

I took the matte bright yellow (shade 1) lightly in my crease and blew it out.
I built this up in light layers until I achieved the pigmentation I was looking for, which btw is how I applied all the shades.
I took the matte turquoise (shade 2) in my actual crease and a little above but making sure I didn't cover the yellow, as well as in my outer corner.
I took the matte blue (shade 3) directly in my crease and outer corner, keeping it tight and slightly above where I'm going to make my cut crease.



Aurora Glow Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills ($40)

After using concealer to carve out my half cut crease,
I patted Orion (shade 1) dry on a shader brush completely covering all of the concealer.
I then went over all the edges with the brush I used to apply the matte blue (Brights shade 3).
I patted Orion (shade 1) this time wet with the same shader brush over just the center of lid.
(TIP: finish this eye look with the Lid Lingerie Palette for an all drugstore, all matte eye look by patting on the lightest shade (shade 1) all over the concealer instead of the Aurora Glow Kit)


I finished my look with the Matte Liquid Liner by NYX
and some falsies but this would also look bomb with no liner and a super bold lash.

Overall the colors I used worked really well, they blended out so easily and the color built up better than I expected, leaving me with a bright and opaque color payoff.
I've been loving the NYX palettes I have tried more recently, I tried one of their shadow palettes a little over a year ago and I have to say I hated it, I found it chalky with poor pigmentation and blend-ability so they're clearly stepping up their game and formula with these newer eye shadow palettes they've released.
Have you tried these palettes? Love them, hate them?
Let me know in the comments or hit me up on social media.
Products Mentioned:
Lid Lingerie Shadow Palette by NYX
Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette by NYX
Aurora Glow Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills


No comments:

Post a Comment