Sunday, August 20, 2017

August BoxyCharm

Hey everyone!!

Seriously, I get so excited and impatient when I know my BoxyCharm has shipped (lol) and of course mine always takes forever to come because I'm on the opposite side of the states.
BoxyCharm has been freaking amazeballs these last few months, I've probably said that before but they just keep on bringing it hard.
(did anyone else think of the movie Bring It On? okay so just me haha)

Check out my latest GRWM & Reverse Cut Crease I created with the August BoxyCharm.


So the theme this month is Beach Please.
Freaking love it, also fitting since it's the last summer month.
Maybe I just like it because I have a potty mouth lol.

On to the products!!



(swatches below from lightest shade Pearl continuing clockwise)


1) Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 2 by Tarte ($36)
I had to start with this because it's probably the one thing that everyone was excited for and also the controversial item in the box this month.
I was excited for this even more so because I don't really have many (if any) cool toned eyeshadow palettes which is kinda weird considering I'm fairly light and love cool toned lipsticks and contours.
The formula is definitely different than my other Tarte palettes as this is not one of their amazonian clay palettes, so I obviously didn't expect it to be the same.
These shadows are more of a classic pressed shadow but are still soft and creamy to touch yet more firm than their clay shadows and I honestly didn't see any fall out what so ever and even when I tapped off the excess there was just a little dust .
I had absolutely no problems picking up, applying, or blending any of the shades I've used (which was almost all of them) and it also lasted all day with primer of course.
They were more of a medium opacity pigmentation which made them easy to work with and built up freaking perfectly.
The colors all worked well together and this would be a good palette for everyday use, if you're into all cool toned palettes.
I would have never bought this palette myself because it was all cool tones but I ended up really loving this palette which surprised me.




2) Pro Eyelashes by PUR ($14)
I received the style Bombshell.
These were absolutely stunning!
They are super long, wispy, and have a tapered effect which I love.
The band wasn't super thick or stiff either so they applied really easy and didn't feel uncomfortable at all.
After seeing some posts online I was also relieved I didn't get the other style they sent out because it was a lot more natural and tame.



3) Moda Pro 3 Pc. Brush Set by Royal & Langnickel ($26)
Omg these brushes are beautiful, I tend to prefer simple designs so I loved the sleek black look of these, plus the textured matte black handle (holy f**k).
I used the powder brush and the crease brush so far.
The bristles are super soft and tapered, they blended out my powders quick and easy with little effort and I definitely plan to keep using these.
The third brush isn't really calling out to me as I'm not really into that style of contour brush.
I thought it might be good for baking under my eyes but turns out it's a little too curved in the center and just doesn't fit as well as I hoped but I plan to try it a few more ways before I give up on it.



(you can see above just how thick the product consistency is, it holds its shape completely when squeezed out)

4) Face Paint Lip & Cheek Tint by Aloette ($35)
I received the shade Blossoming Berry.
This was super thick, pigmented, creamy, and completely opaque.
The tiniest bit went a long way and if you use it how I did with just a tiny dab patted onto the lips, you can get a more natural stained look that lasted hours.
The tube did say it was more of a dewy finish but since I applied it super sheer and with my finger, I found that it dried down to more of a stained tint which was beautiful and more up my alley.
The product itself is really good and I also think this tube would probably last forever.
The only downside was that I'm not fond of the shade at all and don't see myself using it again.



5) Gel Effect Nail Polish by Adesse ($18)
I received the shade Suzannemi.
This shade is a very bright almost neon red with a slight pink undertone.
I'm not the biggest fan of getting nail polishes in my box even though I do my own nail at home.
My nails are probably the most neglected thing in my beauty routine, I just don't always have the time and I can't particularly see myself wearing this shade.
I also didn't try this yet, so I can't comment on the actual formula at all.

I loved almost everything in the August BoxyCharm with the only disappointment being the nail polish but that had nothing to do with the quality of that product at all, it's just nail polishes in general.

Obsessed with BoxyCharm?
Catch up on my May BoxyCharm Unboxing

Need inspo?
Watch my August BoxyCharm Reverse Cut Crease Tutorial using the Rainforest of the Sea Palette Vol. 2 by Tarte

What was your favorite item this month?
Let me know in the comments or hit me up on social media.
Products Mentioned:
BoxyCharm
Rainforest of the Sea Palette Volume 2 by Tarte
Pro Eyelashes by PUR
Moda Pro 3 Pc. Brush Set by Royal & Langnickel
Face Paint by Aloette
Gel Effect Nail Polish by Adesse





No comments:

Post a Comment