Monday, April 10, 2017

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion

Hi everyone..

I wanted to pop on here real quick (quick? we'll see), so I started using a new product and wanted to talk about it because honestly I can talk about beauty products forever, duh I guess that's why I blog (lmfao).

Today I'm talking about the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion ($12).

I've been thinking about trying some Soap & Glory's body products for while especially since they're now stocked at Target and Walgreen's and I've been seeing them a lot more and can basically get my hands on them super easy now (without having to order online).
I have a bunch of lotions that seem to never end and I figured I should at least try to finish one of those before I get another new one but come on it's pretty hard to keep myself from buying stuff.

Luckily for me, this was given to me (score).
A friend bought this for herself, used it a few times and I guess every time she used it her skin got irritated and it left her super itchy for the rest of the day so she gave me this bottle of Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion.


The bottle has 16.2 ounces which is a really good size for daily use, it's a little bit more than double what you get from Victoria's Secret Body Lotion and even Bath & Body Works Body Lotion so it's actually a really good value for $12. I also really love that this has a pump because it's just easier and faster when you're freezing your ass off after a shower.
Even though I was super excited to try Soap & Glory's body products, this lotion was not the product I would have chosen for myself and the scent was kind of grossly overly sweet but I will say that even though I didn't like the scent at first, it has definitely grown on me.
The scent is described as fresh squeezed sweet lime but it's definitely more of a sugar drenched lime with a hint of vanilla, it's a very sweet scent with lime but I wouldn't say that lime is the most prominent note and I'm not usually a fan of super sweet or sugary scents but like I said this has grown on me over the past week, but I wouldn't ever willingly choose this scent.

When I pumped it into my hand the lotion was the standard lotion consistency, exactly as you'd expect not runny and not thick just the perfect in between for a body lotion.
It smoothed over the skin really easy and a little went a long way.
The formula felt super light and I loved how quickly this absorbed into my skin, like no joke within two minutes this shit was completely absorbed and left absolutely no residue or greasy feeling on my skin, even more crazy there was absolutely no residue left on my hands either which never happens.
This instantly made my skin not only feel super hydrated and soft but also really smooth and with an ever so slight sheen. It really reminds me of a hydrating primer and smoothing primer in one, it's a very unique light lotion formula and I really love it way more than I thought I was going to.
My skin gets really dry and almost ashy during the winter (or maybe year round lol) and within two days of using this on my skin the dry ashy grossness was completely gone, which says a lot about how hydrating this lotion is because I have been trying out so many lotions that claim to be for severely dry skin and honestly none of them have worked this well and the ones that did work somewhat decent were thick, didn't absorb well, or left such a gross residue on my skin that they were uncomfortable.
I also don't have any kind of skin irritation from using this.
I guess it ended up being the perfect lotion for me to try as an introduction to their body products because it's won me over big time.



One thing that you should be aware of is that the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion contains AHA's which is freaking awesome for texture, evening tone, and smoothing of your skin but it also causes skin to become more sensitive to the sun and since there's no sunscreen in this product it could lead to sunburn quite easily if you forget to use an additional sunscreen. If sunscreen is something you forget often or just honestly don't use it then I would avoid this specific body lotion from the Soap & Glory line.
Even though I use sunscreen I have fair/light skin and tend to burn and tan equally so I only use this at night just to be safe, even though I tend to avoid the sun anyway.
So if you do use this during the day just remember to use sunscreen.

UPDATE:
So I pre-wrote this before I went on vacation and I packed this in my bag and took it with me (duh).
If you remember above I said I only use this at night, well my dumb ass forgot to pack a regular daytime lotion and decided to use this. HUGE MISTAKE. I was out in the sun my entire vacation which resulted in itchy skin irritation and little red bumps (probably from my scratching) all over my arms which was my only body part constantly in the sun.
So as I found out first hand it's best to not use this during the day even with sunscreen.
I'm guessing this is also what happened to my friend.

What are your favorite Soap & Glory products?
Let me know in the comments below or hit me up on social media.
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog.





Products Mentioned:











No comments:

Post a Comment