Sunday, April 23, 2017

Foundation and Powder Power Couple

Hey everyone!!

So last month I went on vacation and I threw together a travel bag with minimal makeup to take because I knew it'd be hot and we'd be doing a ton a walking.
Luckily for me while on my trip I discovered a fucking amazing foundation and powder combo (by accident) that lasted all day through the heat and still looked beautiful.
The best part is that they are both drugstore.
I know, mind blown right?


So before we get into this I think it's important to know I have combination skin with an oily t zone and normal/dry face.

The foundation in this power couple is actually a BB Cream *gasp *.
BB creams are perfect for the warmer months because they're much more lightweight.




CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream ($8.49)
This BB Cream comes in 6 shades.
I'm in the shade Light and it's actually a really good shade match.
This BB Cream has your typical thin and kinda liquid-y texture that  blended out really easy and the coverage was fucking amazing I was not expecting it.
It's a strong medium coverage and is build-able to a lighter full coverage (if that makes sense).
I used one layer all over my face and I was more than happy with the coverage it gave me even on my pigmentation marks.
It didn't dry down so fast that you're panicking to blend it out (lmao) which is common with matte finishes.
Like I said before I have combo skin and even though this is a matte formula it does not cling to any dryness (when I have it), didn't sink into my pores and fine lines, and I would say it's a more forgiving soft/natural matte finish.
My face didn't look dry or washed out, it wasn't cake-y at all, doesn't oxidize, and most importantly it was comfortable on the skin and very lightweight.
I used this with multiple different concealers and had no issues with blending or moving product.


Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder ($3.99)
This powder seriously does exactly what it says it will do.
It's translucent and sets your makeup perfectly but the reason I love it so much is because it actually will keep you matte. Oily and combo girls know the struggle of staying matte but when the spring and summer heat hits it can turn into a shit show and those products you've been using all year just can't keep up.
I live in the desert so I can't fucks with a product that isn't going to do what it's supposed to do, not only is it hot as balls but it brings on instant sweat when you step outside which is a concern for summer months.
I have used this with so many different foundations and I love this powder it works with all of them but specifically when it gets crazy hot I have had problems with caking, the foundation underneath breaking up, you know stuff like that but when I paired this with the CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream it was purely magical.

The matte BB in combination with this matte powder was the perfect combo to control my oils as well as holding up to seasonal heat and light sweat without being cake-y or heavy and because the base is actually a BB it didn't feel drying at all.
I was on vacation when I started using these together so I didn't even touch up or re-powder and I was still matte by the time we got back to our suite.

If you're into eyebrow pencils check out last weeks post about the Fiona Stiles Micro Pencil

What's your warm weather power combo?
Let me know in the comments below or hit me up on social media.
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog.


Products Mentioned:

The CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream

Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder







No comments:

Post a Comment