Monday, December 19, 2016

Blogmas 19 - December BoxyCharm Unboxing

Happy Blogmas Day 18!!


Yay!! My BoxyCharm came yesterday!!
I've been getting BoxyCharm for a few months now and I freaking love it.
I chose this beauty subscription box because I love the fact that everything you receive will be full sized. I'd rather pay $21/month for full sized products than $10 for dumb ass samples but obviously that's just my opinion because a lot of people tend to love those other subscriptions too (hahaha).


I actually really like BoxyCharm unboxings because everyone doesn't always get the same things and it's just fun to see what else people got the same month.
I know not all people feel that way because one day I decided to scroll through the BoxyCharm hash tag on Instagram and holy shit! People take these boxes so seriously. I read comments from so many people who were legit getting pissed because they didn't get something that someone else got, threatening to cancel, and just talking mad shit to and about BoxyCharm.
Seriously I was thinking to myself, if you want that Makeup Geek blush that fucking bad then go order it, it's only like $10. I mean isn't the whole point of these boxes to get a random box sent to you every month? You go into it knowing that you don't get you pick your items and it's the surprise aspect that makes it so exciting and fun.
People are a trip.

Anyway on to the unboxing.



I found this brand is available on Sephora.
I loved the packaging on this mascara, instead of a box it came in a black tin canister type tube with a screw top lid. It was so cute I didn't want to throw it away.
The wand brush looked a little odd featuring a flat paddle shape with super short hard rubber bristles on the top and bottom of paddle.
While taking the pictures for this blog I also noticed the flat sides of the paddle brush seemed to carry quite a bit of product on it when you take it out of the tube which seems like it could be messy or distribute too much product but that's just a guess at this point.



2) IBY Lip Pencil ($14)
I got this in the shade Classic Red and is has a slightly blue under tone.
It's a simple black wooden pencil with white text and a color indicator on the end.
The formula was the perfect combo of creamy and stiff.
The swatch applied easily and smooth without pulling skin yet the tip held it's shape without breaking or smashing down.



3) Ofra Metallic Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick ($19)
I received the shade Napa Valley.
I was so excited when I saw this in my box because I've been wanting to try the Ofra Liquid Lipstick formula for quite a while now but I guess I just kinda forget about it until I see something about it.
Even though I'm a nude whore I actually really love this color. It's a very deep dark metallic purple.
When I swatched this it was fully opaque and not at all patchy with only one light swipe, I was blown away by the pigmentation for such a dark color especially a metallic where some formulas can be streaky and we all know purples can also be streaky or less opaque.
The packaging is sleek and simple with a black cap and silver text on a clear tube with a standard doe foot applicator.


I received the shade Ruby Murray.
This brand is available at Ulta.
This shade is a beautiful vampy burgundy and appears to be a shiny cream finish.
I've never tried any Butter London products so once again I was excited to see a brand I've actually been curious about. I've heard good things about the formula and I actually do my own nails so this was perfect.



The packaging on this palette appears cheap and opens rather weird.
Although the outside appears to be tin (?) the inside is plastic and the lid top has these 2 prongs that insert into the bottom and make it difficult to open and tends to pull the bottom plastic out of the tin tray.
I couldn't find any kind of shade name for this palette but it is clearly a dupe for the Naked 3.
This palette is based around mostly cool toned pinks, mauves, and taupes, there's also a good range of deeper browns to add definition and since they're all shimmer shades they'd be beautiful all over the lid as well. The shimmer shades are creamy and were super soft when I did my swatches, which could lead to fallout and although they were beautiful in the pan there wasn't much pigmentation when swatched especially on the lighter shades. 
There's only 3 matte shades in this palette but seem to be sufficient enough to complete a look, the matte were also lacking pigmentation and were a bit powdery. I took a brush to the swatches after I took my blog photos and when I did that most of the color comes off when blending and the shimmers didn't hold their opacity either, even when patted. I did not foil these during my testing but I'd recommend it based on the horrible results dry otherwise these won't last long on your eyes. It came with a double ended duo fiber brush which seems to be the best thing about this palette. Hard to believe that this could really retail for $50.

So that's everything that I personally received in the December BoxyCharm.
I loved almost everything I received but I am kinda skeptical about that palette.
I haven't tried any of the products yet but I'll update when I do.

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below or on my social media.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Products Mentioned (clickable):

Blinc Black Lash Primer

IBY Lip Pencil

Ofra Metallic Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick

Butter London Nail Lacquer

Pure Cosmetics Buff Collection Eyeshadow Palette






No comments:

Post a Comment