Saturday, December 10, 2016

Blogmas Day 10 - Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipcolor

Happy Blogmas Day 10!!

I finally started wrapping presents today, well more like they were piling up in the garage and I kinda had no choice (hahaha), but hey at least I did it.
Until I got sucked into a lifetime movie and figured I had done enough wrapping for the day.
These lifetime movies are so addicting!
Lifetime knows what the fuck they're doing, they're sneaky sneaky with the way they end the movies too! They push the credits to a tiny inch on the bottom of the screen and go directly into another movie with no commercial or pause.
I'm like wait *confused look *, “Is this the same movie?”
You know I'll be talking shit the first 10 minutes about how stupid the movie looks, how could this girl be this dumb, can't she see he's a creepy fuck, but by that time they've already got me hooked (sets house alarm). They got me!! *cries *
(me wearing the liquid lipcolor below)


So anyways back to Blogmas (forgot wtf I was talking about for a minute lol).

Today I wanna talk about the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipcolor ($8.99).
I actually received mine free to try (*Influenster) and honestly I was kinda shocked.
I was shocked because this product has been on the market for years, even years before the whole matte liquid lipstick craze begun.
I know this because I used to buy this Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipcolor and also the Covergirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor.
They were slanging this back when there weren't really any other long wear liquid lipsticks available at Target and drugstores or in general actually.
I guess Maybelline must be doing a relaunch or maybe just adding new colors and taking advantage of the current liquid lipstick obsession.
Which is fine by me because this liquid lipcolor is actually better than I remembered it being.


When I first got my package I actually didn't know there was going to be any makeup in it at all.
I squealed with delight when I saw this but I will say that I was a little intimidated by the color I received, the shade is called Keep Up The Flame, in the tube it looked like a scary bright ass red, yet the name had me envisioning a red orange color which was equally scary.
So as we all know by now, reds are not my first choice in lip color especially this bright of a red and I feel most comfortable in nudes and neutrals.
The packaging it comes in is a dual ended tube.
On one end you have a slanted doe foot applicator and the actual lipcolor, while on the other end you have a clear twist up style top coat.


The first time I put this on, I wore a nice everyday neutral look (to match the red) and I had actually planned to try it out for a little bit then take it off and put my own lipstick on.
I can not even begin to tell you how shocked I was at how much I was digging this lipcolor shade. When it dried down it was not the scary bright ass red I was so afraid of and it also has no traces of orange either so the name is kind of unfitting. It kinda came off to me as a slightly brick red color and I never could have guessed how much I was gonna love it. I wore about 3-4 times that week.
Besides the shade I really like the formula and from what I remember this is not the same formula from years past. I remember it being so drying that it got crumbly if applied even a smidge too thick.
This formula here is very pigmented so you only need one light layer, wasn't patchy at all, and dried down completely matte pretty damn quickly.


It wasn't drying at all in my opinion but I love liquid lipstick and I like some liquid lipsticks that other people think are too drying, it also didn't crumble like I remembered.
Once I had it on I didn't even feel like I was wearing any lipstick at all and it lasted all day.
I am a night owl so it did not budge until I took it off around 4am.
I will say the one thing I did not like was the clear top coat it came with. I mean it's not bad it's just not for me. I personally prefer the matte look or sometimes apply a lip balm but this one is super shiny and slippery almost like a gloss.

(swatch below WITH gloss)


I could see why others might like it because I'd imagine it takes away any uncomfortable dryness that so many dislike, don't get me wrong I do add glosses over my lip color sometimes but to me this one just felt more greasy than gloss and I kept checking to see if I had lipstick on my face (I didn't lol but that's how greasy it felt).

(swatch below WITHOUT gloss)


Overall I like the lip color portion and it's drugstore so it's easily accessible and rather inexpensive.
I would recommend this for someone who likes to wear the glossy top coat.
If you prefer a matte look or just don't like a greasy top coat I'd say pass on this.
Even though it's inexpensive, this product comes with half the amount of lip color because the other half consists of the clear top coat.
So for someone who won't use the top coat you're pretty much paying for half a tube of lip color and a clear stick of solidified grease which is not worth $8.99.
Now if they sold the lip color separately then I would most definitely buy it.

Back when I did purchase this item, there weren't other options available but now with so many other alternatives out there, I don't see the need in buying this when I won't use the clear portion.

*Quick Info*
If you don't know what Influenster is, they basically send out various products to people whom match their needs in exchange for honest reviews on websites and I do mean honest, even bad reviews will show you fulfilled your promise and keep you in the game.
I'd absolutely recommend it if you like to try new stuff but be warned if you don't fulfill your end of the deal they won't send you anymore stuff.

Let me know your thoughts below in the comments or on my social media pages.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Products Mentioned (clickable):

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipcolor

Covergirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor










No comments:

Post a Comment