Friday, December 9, 2016

Blogmas Day 9 - Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen

Happy Blogmas Day 9!!

So I still hadn't found a new daytime eye cream and my Olay was barely hanging in there with a couple uses left, when I got lucky as fuck! 
My November BoxyCharm had come with an eye cream pen!
I'm so glad it came because nothing I was looking at interested me and I was about to buy something that I honestly didn't even really want just because I needed something quick.

So today we're talking about the Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen ($20).
Like I've mentioned before I always read the entire box like a crazy woman (even if it's a repurchase).
So when I read this one I was super pumped to start using it.
This eye pen claims to help with lines, puffiness, dark circles, daily stresses, sleep deprivation, and dehydration that affect the eye area, and all while moisturizing and soothing your delicate eye skin.


Seriously? Holy crap!
This was surely the work of the eye cream gods, it was everything I ever wanted in an eye cream and during a time of eye cream desperation.
I mean come on, what else could it have been?
My little eye cream pen seemed to sparkle with promise while I scurried back to my cave
(walk in closet/beauty closet) to introduce her to the family.
(lol thinking back maybe I was just in desperate need of an eye cream and clearly sleep).
I'm not one to believe all of a brands claims but I figured that with so many of them, some had to be true.

When I first used it it took about 500 twists to get any product out which wouldn't normally matter, except in this case when you held it up to the light it shows how much product is left inside and let's just say the bottom was most definitely being pushed up but there just wasn't much product inside to begin with.
When it finally did come out (and every time after) it's hard to control how much comes out.
The pen tip although a rubberish material is way too stiff and hard to be used on such a delicate area.
The product itself was very thick and held it's wormy shape when squeezed out, so it definitely benefited from the warmth of using my ring finger.
I kinda had to use a lot, and since there wasn't a lot to begin with that fucking blows.
Once warmed up it applied nicely and had a slightly cooling sensation but a lot less than I expected.
It felt nice and slightly hydrating and also absorbed rather quickly.


I used this for around three weeks before it ran out.
Plus I only used this once a day as my daytime eye cream.
Maybe if it was magic in a bottle like they claimed then these things would not have stood out to me as much as they did.
While using this daily I would check out my eye situation to see if there were any noticeable changes, depuffing, anything really. I even took before pictures to see if after waiting 30 minutes there were any awesome things happening that maybe I had overlooked.
Absolutely none besides minimal hydration.
After three weeks of daily use, I can officially say this did not do shit for me.
So now I'm back on the hunt for a new eye cream.
Since we all have different skin types and needs, I can't say this won't work for you but I will say that I don't think it's worth the price for how much use you get out of it.

Help out a troll in need! 
Drop your favorite eye creams in the comments below or on my social media.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Products Mentioned (clickable):

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen








No comments:

Post a Comment