Saturday, December 17, 2016

Blogmas Day 17 - Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette

Happy Blogmas Day 17!!

It finally feels like fall here in the desert (even though it's winter), the leaves are barely starting to fall and I absolutely love the warm colors of the leaves and the hidden dog poops they hide (lol).
My fingers are frozen while I type this, no matter how high my thermostat is set my hands and feet are always frozen. I'm still drinking iced coffee though because I can't stop (*cries *), I just love iced more than hot. I don't give a fuck if it's snowing I want it iced.
So today we're talking about the other palette in the new permanent Tarte Tarteist Pro Line.

I had absolutely no doubts about purchasing this palette.
I knew from the get go that I was going to buy this and couldn't wait to get my chubby little fingers on it (*plot twist: my fingers aren't actually chubby even a little bit, it just sounded better lol).


I seen a couple negative reviews about this palette before I bought it saying that it was too subtle.
Now I'm all about a blinding highlight but I feel like with the highlight obsession going on those are pretty easy to find now a days in every form possible.
Yes, I definitely have them and I freaking love them but sometimes especially on more “natural” makeup days (no joke “natural” days still take a good hour minimum *cries *) I like a more toned down highlight, not always but sometimes.

The packaging is matte black with gold detailing which seems to be the standard for this expanding line
This palette packaging is a thick coated magnetized cardboard whereas the Tarte Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette is made of plastic which clicks closed.
This palette also opens differently as it has a split lid and each split lid flap has a small mirror on the inside.
Is it cool and innovative? Yes but I personally don't really like the split opening lid.
The mirrors are too small to be of any actual use, they're more like a decoration.
The flaps never stay open while I'm using it, unless I'm holding it.
These things aren't annoying enough to make me not like the actual palette though, just a personal preference.

The highlighters inside are gorgeous and I love the shade selection.
It's a good selection of the basic highlight colors which makes this a great and affordable palette for someone who might just be starting out their highlight collection and also for those who'd prefer a more sheer but buildable formula.

Shades included:
Lit (Champagne)
Strobe (Pearl)
Stunner (Opalescent)
Fire (Bronze)
Sculpt (Powder Contour)
Shade (Cream Contour

I was actually very shocked that I even saw reviews saying this was too subtle because while yes it does apply more sheer initially, it can also be built up beautifully which in my opinion makes it quite versatile.
I also did find that using these highlights without a setting spray and/or foiling had very little wear time, so if you're not really into doing one of those extra steps that could become a problem.
I rarely if ever touch up my highlight but I always use setting spray so I don't mind it at all.
I did notice that a couple of the highlight shades had a more shimmery effect but it in no way is glitter so don't let that scare you.
It's more of a micro shimmer almost making it give off duo chromatic feel that reflects so fucking beautifully in the light.
At first sight I was sure I would be unable to use the shade Fire (Bronze) as a highlight and honestly I'm so pale that I probably rarely will but of course I had to still try it out and see if I could make it work as a cheekbone highlight.
Surprisingly because this formula is more on the sheer and buildable side, the Fire (Bronze) shade when sheered out didn't even look terrible on me but could more realistically be used a shimmery bronzer if you're into that shimmery bronzer type of thing.
If you're on the pale or lighter side don't let the Fire (Bronze) shade or any bronzy shade in any highlight palette be the reason you don't buy an otherwise perfect palette for your skin tone, most palettes will have a bronzy shade because it works for a broader range of skin tones.
The shades that can't be used as a cheekbone highlight for you can be used in other ways such as eyeshadow or to highlight inner corners as well as lipstick topper and as previously mentioned bronzer.
That actually goes for any skin tone if you have a deeper complexion and think you can't use the Strobe (Pearlescent) shade or similarly more white highlights, pop that shit on your eyes, highlight your brow bone, and inner corners.
(Colors from left to Right: Lit, Strobe, Fire, Stunner)


I love the contour shades in here so much, I love even more that they included a cream contour because you don't have to buy an entire cream contour palette with colors you might not want just to try cream contouring. The shades included are very flattering for most skin tones, the cream contour Shade is a very flattering cool tone and that makes for a more natural contour.
The powder is similarly a more natural contour and is on the neutral side being cool toned with a hint of warmth. You can see that they were going for the more natural and softer vibes with this palette.
Which like I mentioned earlier was the reason I wanted this palette.
Both of the contour shades blended out quick and easy and didn't interfere with any other makeup applications.
I honestly don't see the contour shades in this palette working for med/deep to deep skin tones though.
I don't understand why brands always release face palettes in only one variation.
If they would have launched this in two variations such as light/med to med/deep that would have made this an even more amazing palette, especially for this being a “Pro” palette you'd think they'd cater to all skin tones. We can only hope they'll add that in the future.
(Colors from left to right: Shade (cream), Sculpt (powder))


Basically I fucking love this palette.
I get exactly what I wanted out of it, it gives me a beautiful and more natural look but can also be built up to be a little more intense and I'd recommend this for anyone looking for exactly that.
If you're looking for an intense highlight then this is not the palette for you, although it can be built up to me more intense it won't be a blinding highlight.
Also don't forget that I think 2 of the shades have some micro shimmer, whether you love or hate that just an FYI.

Tell me your thoughts on this palette below in the comments or on my social media.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Products Mentioned (clickable):

Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette



No comments:

Post a Comment