Sunday, December 4, 2016

Blogmas Day 4 - Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette

Happy Blogmas Day 4!!

Still trying to get into my daily Blogmas flow but hey here I am again, 
so I guess I'm managing my time pretty well.
It's still cold as fuck. I still can't believe it's almost Christmas. Still love makeup. SSDD.

Since it's already December, I figured we'd talk about an Ulta exclusive holiday palette.
The Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette ($59).
Yes, I do know that it's sold out online but you can find it in stores still if you're lucky.


The Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette stays true to their sleek and simple book style case (is that a thing? you know what I mean) which I actually really like.
This palette packaging is by far the prettiest of the Lorac Pro Mega Palettes, featuring an all white case with rose gold lettering that of course matches all of the Lorac holiday collection.
Rose gold seems to be super trendy (doesn't it?).
The only downside about the packaging is that well, it isn't going to stay white no matter how hard you try. Oh and the harder you try to keep it clean the more you'll probably fuck it up, so you should just accept the fact that it's going to get dirty unless you don't use it and what kind of psychopath could do such a thing?


Obviously by now (if you've read my other posts) you'd know I am a neutral whore.
When I saw this palette my heart skipped a beat (after 2 days of procrastinating I gave in), 
warm neutrals are my absolute favorite (there's plenty in here) and there are a couple pops of cooler tones (gray & silver, navy & black) that can kick shit up a notch if need be.
Btw I'm not some crazy lady who buys every neutral palette just because it's neutral, I actually pass on a lot of things either because I know I won't use it or I have something that's practically identical.
In this case I passed on the Lorac Pro 3 Palette for this gorgeous bitch.
(top row from left to right)


Lorac Pro shadows are a different breed, they're super rich and beyond fucking pigmented and since this palette is part of their pro line you can expect that here.
They do a great job keeping their shadow quality and pigmentation consistent throughout all the eye shadow shades and Pro palettes.
Lorac shadows also tend to have a shit ton of fallout due to the extremely rich and creamy formula which actually doesn't bother me at all because 90% of the time I do my face last anyway and if I'm not then I obviously just don't use this palette.
The longevity, the color payoff, and the end results make up for the mere 10 seconds it takes to wipe away fallout.
I mean their dark shades especially the black ones are truly beautiful, richly pigmented, and speak for themselves about the quality of this palette.
Dark and black shades tend to be the disappointing shades in so many other palettes.
(second row from left to right)


One of the things I love most about Lorac Palettes is that they are always half matte and half shimmer.
You can absolutely use this without needing another palette even when doing an all matte look.
The matte shades are just as pigmented as the shimmers and I haven't had any patchiness with this palette or any of the Lorac Pro shadows.
You can use these shadows as is or wet, I find you don't have to foil the shimmers to get a great color payoff although obviously they do get even more beautiful if you're down for the extra step.
(third row from left to right)


This palette as you might have guessed by the packaging focuses around rose toned and warm neutrals and honestly this is the perfect everyday palette.
More so if you don't have a lot of neutral palettes in your collection or if you're lacking rose toned shades.
The Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette even has some of the warm orange and burgundy tones that are so popular right now.
(fourth row from left to right)


I know the pigmentation or fallout can sound like a hassle and honestly you either love or hate the Lorac formula but you shouldn't let that scare you away from this beauty if you've been eyeing it.
I mean we all have to start somewhere, practice makes perfect, and besides makeup washes off.
So just remember to use very little product because a little goes a long way, tap your brush, build that shit up slowly, and blend, blend, blend.

You might be thinking that this palette is pricey as fuck but if you compare it to their Pro Palettes which consist of 16 shadows (8 matte, 8 shimmer) and retail for $44,
you're getting double that here with 32 shadows (16 matte, 16 shimmer) for $15 more.
So although it still might be a pricier item, it's a steal when it comes to Lorac Pro shadows.

Would I recommend this palette? Yes!
The quality of Lorac Pro Palettes really are worth it in my opinion.
With neutral palettes though, it really comes down to personal undertone preferences or what your collection is lacking because there's always so many on the market and everyone tends to have more neutrals than needed. 
I personally didn't have a rosy neutral palette yet (shockingly) so for me this was the perfect addition to the family and has more to offer than just rose shades.

Remember if you see one of these rare beauties in the wild (Ulta store). 
You have been chosen (hahaha).

Let me know your thoughts on the Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette in the comments below or 

No comments:

Post a Comment