Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blogmas Day 3 - Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette

Happy Blogmas Day 3!!

First off is anyone else as obsessed with the Eggnog Latte from Starbuck's as I am?
If you like drinks that aren't too sweet then this is perfect.
Sometimes I add 2 pumps of vanilla for flavor without making it sweet.
*SPOILER ALERT* I have a friend that works there and it's just shots of espresso and eggnog (mixed w/nonfat milk), in case you're a psycho and wanna make them and drink them all day and night long like I do.
My pee literally smells like fresh brewed coffee (because everyone wants to know this), if you're a true coffee addict then you know exactly what I'm talking about because yours does too (lmfao).


Today we're talking about the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette.
I actually bought mine when it first came out in early spring (obviously because it's not out yet lol) but with the relaunch of the Sweet Peach Palette and now the Sweet Peach line I figured it was a great time to bust out some swatches for those interested.
(sorry if my palette looks messy, I actually use it lol)


TheToo Faced Sweet Peach Palette ($49) is back due to overwhelming demand and with good reason, it's fucking gorgeous.
As a neutral whore myself this is actually one of my favorite palettes, something I can use for a normal daily look but something you can also go smoky or glam with.
It's based around warm browns and peach tones with a couple pops of purple and an amazingly beautiful olive green with gold shimmer (one of my faves).
Plus if that weren't enough, it smells like sweet peach candy.
If you're already a fan of Too Faced then you know they kill it with their adorable packaging.
I'm not the type that's really into cutesy type stuff in general but I have a weakness for Too Faced and their packaging.
The packaging details, the eye shadow colors, the smell, everything just works in such harmony together.

(top row of palette from left to right)


Lucky for us though, the actual eye shadows are where the magic really happens.
They're not trying to distract us with packaging cuteness, their eye shadows are not only beautiful but also richly pigmented, easily blended, and long wearing
The shade range complements all skin tones and makes it so easy to wear shades you might not have thought of purchasing on their own.

(second row of palette from left to right)


They give you 5 transition and/or matte colors to build with as well as a beautiful highlight (which looks matte at first glance but isn't) and a wide range of shimmers, glitters, and duo chromes to create pretty much any type of look and all the colors really do play perfectly with each other.
The only shade (in my opinion) that this palette is lacking is a matte bone or similar base color.
This is not a deal breaker for me though because I have others and if I'm using a skin colored primer or concealer I use setting powder anyways.
Some of the creamier shimmery or darker glittery shades might have a tiny bit of fallout which is normal for creamier formulas and/or glitters but I honestly had very little or none at all.
(third row from left to right)


If you're a neutral junkie maybe you're unsure of whether you really need another neutral palette or maybe you're trying to decide between this and another palette you want.
I will say that there are some very unique shades in here that you wouldn't normally find in neutral palettes for example: matte shades with micro glitter (peach w/dark peach glitter, black w/purple glitter, etc.) and the duo chromes in here are stunning (browns w/plum vibes, green w/gold shimmer, peaches w/gold shimmer, etc.).
This is far from your basic ass neutral palette.

Would I recommend the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette? Fuck yeah!
Are you going to die without this? No
Like I said it's one of my favorites that I actually use quite often.
This palette inspired me to start using shimmers as my transition because they're just too beautiful I wanted them all on my face (lol). 
I'm also considering buying a backup when it relaunches because I'm scared of using mine up and not being able to get another one.
Too faced never disappoints me with the quality of their eye shadow palettes (non holiday) and this is no exception. My swatches don't come close to the true beauty of this palette (IMO).

I'm actually kind of shocked that I hadn't seen this being used or talked about much at all on social media after the original frenzy until now.
I mean I get it, who doesn't love new launches and new shit comes out weekly but this palette deserved more recognition than it received, it's fucking stunning and wearable.
People wanted it for the hype but never actually cared enough to use after a month or so until now that it's relaunching.
You can bet your sweet ass you'll be seeing people tagging this palette everywhere on social media now though.
If you want this palette you better be ready when it launches because it's so hyped everyone is going to go ape shit at midnight and in this case it definitely IS everything it's hyped up to be.

Remember it comes out on December 14th, and you can get it on the Too Faced website along with the rest of the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection.

It launches online at Ulta & Sephora on December 15th.
In stores on December 26th.
The rest of the collection in stores January 5th, 2017.

Have it or want it? Let me know what you think of the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette in the comments below or on my social media.



Products Mentioned (clickable links):

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette




No comments:

Post a Comment