Thursday, December 1, 2016

Blogmas Day 1 - Lorac A Lavish Affair Alter Ego Lip Gloss Collection

Happy December first everyone!!

It's officially time for Christmas everything to be shoved in our faces at every turn (not that it hasn't been already). Since I'm new to the beauty blogging community I've decided to participate in Blogmas because I'm lame as fuck and I think this will be a good challenge for me.

I prefer to do most of my shopping online because I don't like how packed almost every store is around this time of year, plus I'm an antisocial introvert year round and online shopping is just easier for me.
If you're also an online shopaholic don't forget to use Ebates (I know, I know).
I feel like I've been hearing about it so much lately which makes it seem kinda like sponsored bull shit but I've been using it for about a year and like I said I order everything online so for me it's so worth it.
If you're one of the outgoing freaks who likes to go into stores it might not be for you (hahaha kidding).

(names with an * are new & limited edition)
(colors below from left to right: BAE*, It Girl*, Goddess, Diva*, Icon*, Dominatrix)


Today we're chatting about a gloss collection from Lorac, the Lorac A Lavish Affair Alter Ego Lip Gloss Collection is available only at Ulta for $25.
The set includes 6 full size lip glosses which would retail for $16 each, so this is an amazing steal.
If you already love these glosses then you'll be happy to know that 4 of the 6 shades are new and limited edition, (*squeals with delight*) so they'll make a great addition to your own collection or obviously as a gift if you can keep from opening them (I couldn't).
It's part of their holiday collection so it bears the same beautiful rose gold packaging as the rest of the holiday items (think Lorac Pro Mega 3 Palette).

Before I bought this I had never tried Lorac's Alter Ego Lip Glosses and to be honest wasn't a huge lip gloss fan at all.
For some reason when I saw this I just had to have it, the color variety, the packaging, the amazing price for 6 full size products, it was screaming my name.
Since I love other Lorac products, I figured it was a good time to hop on the gloss train.
Let me just say I am so so fucking glad that I did. The formula is AMAZEBALLS!!
It's everything you'd want from a gloss, it's rich and buttery, it's smooth when you press your lips together, it feels hydrating almost as if you're wearing a lip balm, no gloppy, sticky, uncomfortable mess (the reasons I usually stayed away from gloss), all with a slightly bent doe foot applicator which I love too btw.
(names with an * are new & limited edition)
(colors below from left to right: BAE*, It Girl*, Goddess, Diva*, Icon*, Dominatrix)


The gloss colors have just the right amount of pigmentation, they're opaque enough that you don't have to wear a lip color or lip liner underneath, yet sheer enough that they do layer over lip liner or lipstick beautifully. I did notice that Icon* and Dominatrix seem to be a little more sheer than the others (see above) but I actually like it that way because Icon* is very intense (for me) and Dominatrix is a deep plummy red, so it makes them more wearable on the daily and layerable.
Obviously this is a gloss so it has a beautiful shine and there is transfer but I found that it still lasted a few hours while I sipped my Starbuck's and grazed through my pantry.
As soon as I shoved a big ass grilled chicken sandwich in my face though it was gone which is to be expected with any gloss or a non long wear lipstick even, or maybe I just eat like a beast.
It actually wore off nicely too, didn't leave any stains around my lips and left them hydrated and ready for more gloss. The colors in this collection give you a nice variety of color, none are too similar to each other and some are quite bold (too bold maybe for a neutral chick like myself), but after trying them all out some of the ones I thought I wouldn't like I actually did, so I guess you never know.

(names with an * are new & limited edition)
(colors below from left to right: BAE*, It Girl*, Goddess, Diva*, Icon*, Dominatrix)


Colors included in the Lorac A Lavish Affair Alter Ego Lip Gloss Collection:
(names with an * are new & limited edition)

*BAE – Nude (hate the name but my favorite in the set)
*It Girl – Coral Pink w/ Gold Shimmer (more wearable than it sounds)
*Diva – Hot Pink
*Icon – Cherry Red

I'm absolutely obsessed with these Lorac Alter Ego Lip Glosses, I never thought that I would be a gloss lover but Lorac has definitely opened me up to trying more.
Yes, I would recommend these for a gloss lover and even a gloss skeptic like I was.
I also just discovered that there is another Lorac holiday gloss set available from a different retailer and am off to investigate, so expect an update and swatches because my gloss obsession has officially begun.
Remember these are limited edition from their holiday collection so once they're gone, they're gone.
If you're reading this after the holiday season, then I'd like to add that I really love these glosses and they have a pretty big variety of beautiful shades (if not more beautiful than the ones in the set) available individually.

Love these? Hate these? Leave comments below or stalk me on social media.
https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html

Products Mentioned (clickable links):

Lorac A Lavish Affair Alter Ego Lip Gloss Collection
(Limited Edition)

Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss
(Goddess)

Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss
(Dominatrix)




No comments:

Post a Comment