Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Blogmas Day 7 - MEMEBOX Review

Happy Blogmas Day 7!!

Damn you Blogmas (shakes fist in air)!!
Just kidding but seriously this Blogmas gets kinda hard when you add in your your normal daily routines and don't have pre-written material.

Today I wanted to share with you a website (also an app) that I heard about from a friend and decided to give it a whirl.
It's called MEMEBOX and as I mentioned I learned about them from a friend whom happens to be obsessed with Korean beauty products.
This company is a distributor of Korean beauty products and makeup including brands not otherwise sold in the U.S. such as Pony Effect.


If you've ever ordered Korean beauty products before, then you know that they can take forever to get here because they're shipped internationally.
I used to have to order one of my toners as soon as I'd be around a third left because it could take 4-6 weeks to get to me.
Luckily Ulta started selling it online recently so I don't have worry about that one anymore.
Anyways back to MEMEBOX (lol).
MEMEBOX is a K beauty distributor located in the U.S., so they significantly cut down those shipping times and costs, as well as giving you access to products not otherwise sold in the states.

My first order was a Halloween sheet mask box ($25) purchased of course in early October,
it came with 13 sheet masks ($42 value), I also ordered the Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell Pore Clean Up Mask.
(read that review here: https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/2016/12/blogmas-day-2-elizavecca-milkypiggy.html )

When my anxiously awaited package arrived, I was down right giddy.
I mean come on you know how we get with new products.
The box it came it was super cute, had their logo onit (duh), and the entire inside was pink with matching pink paper shreds filler. I personally love small details like this it's so much more pleasing than just receiving a brown box and bubble wrap (even though I die for popping bubble wrap lol).
So here I am excited with my order, excited with the packaging, then it hits me as I'm digging through pink filler shreds, my masks are not in here it's only my Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell Pore Clean Up Mask. I was too busy making it rain pink paper shreds to notice that most of my order was missing. It was only after my excitement wore off I realized (duh) a 13 piece sheet mask collection would have never fit it this box.

I grabbed my invoice to see if it was shipping separately trying not to panic but just as I had feared it said the whole order was delivered in this box.
Next step was obviously to contact them, I noticed on the invoice that the only way to contact them was through text message, so I got online expecting to find a phone number, an email, any other options to speak with someone but there weren't any.
As any over dramatic person would do I immediately thought this was a bad sign,
started lecturing myself in my head, why did I order from this company I've never heard of, now they have my money, and I can't contact them. I mean I was seriously thinking I had been duped.
I calmed myself down and texted a polite message which included my order number, simply asking if the rest of my order was being shipped separately because it was not included in this shipment.
Within maybe 10 minutes I got an auto reply that stated they would respond within 24 hours and that they were only open M-F.
Of course this was a Friday night and they were already closed.
All weekend I tried not to think about it but in all realness couldn't stop thinking about it.
When Monday finally came I received that long awaited text message I'd been waiting for.
They apologized for any delay, said that they looked into my order and had already shipped me a new Halloween Box earlier in the day, they also gave me a tracking number.
They also sent an email to the address associated with the order number I gave them.
I was in serious awe, they completely took care of this issue without so much as one question asked and they did it in a rather quick time frame.
I was expecting a shady company trying to avoid customer contact with their text only policy and I also expected to be drilled with questions about my order.
I can say that I was completely impressed with how quick and professionally they handled this situation.

*Quick Story*
I've had bad experiences with missing items before where the company (Forever 21 *eye roll*) literally made me feel like it was my fault and had me questioning myself and whether I had hid it in my butthole to score another free one.
Btw they never replaced the item or refunded my money (which was supposed to be a gift) and pretty much told me to just order another one because getting it resolved could take 8 weeks or more and even then would only be refunded if they deemed it truly was not shipped. Umm seriously? Do you guys not take inventory? (talk about shitty customer service).

When I told my friend (the one who referred me to this company) about my amazing customer service experience, she said, “yeah, I know MEMEBOX has great customer service”.
She told me about a time she placed an order and a few days later they emailed her that they were unexpectedly out of stock and couldn't fulfill her order, they informed her that they had already refunded her money and also deposited $10 worth of points into her MEMEBOX account for the inconvenience.
She also told me on a different occasion they emailed her because there was going to be a delay on an item she ordered, so they deposited $10 worth of points into her account and apologized for the delay.

With so many indie brands and e-commerce companies out there these days and new ones popping up constantly due to the popularity of online shopping, it can be hard to know which ones are legit.
There's so many scammers out there ready to steal your money and information or send you crappy and even counterfeit products in the name of profit.
Online shopping can be a scary place especially when you're dealing with high end or imported products.


MEMEBOX has definitely proved themselves to be an outstanding company, and they seem to genuinely care about their customers.
I would absolutely recommend MEMEBOX to anyone who enjoys K beauty products.

Shop MEMEBOX online www.memebox.com
or dowload their app (which is how I shop).

You can also use the following link to sign up and get 20% off your first order.
http://share.memebox.com/x/YE8ZLF


Share your thoughts or experiences with MEMEBOX below or on my social media.
https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html





No comments:

Post a Comment