Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Blogmas Day 6 - Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer

Happy Blogmas Day 6!!

So busy today, had errands to run.
I hate when I have to go to Target lately and I love Target!
It's so freaking packed right now, it takes forever to get out of there.
I didn't even get to stroll the makeup aisle *sad face *.

So today I wanted to talk about the
Holy crap Soap & Glory that's quite a name.


The packaging is cute and kinda feminine, light pink with a black cap, little pops of gold stars.
The Soap & Glory packaging sorta gives me Benefit packaging vibes or even TheBalm with their vintage-ish feel.
It comes in a tube with a super thin tip (similar to a Neosporin tube) and I'm really liking it, it prevents me from accidentally squeezing out too much product.

When I first got this primer I thought it seemed kind of small but it is your typical 1 ounce, so it's obviously just the because the packaging isn't overly bulky which is also nice.
The product itself is thick and blends on to skin easily and quickly,
(I only use this on my t zone (combo skin)) it doesn't leave a residue atop my skin, and works perfectly with all the other primers I use (multi prime).
A little goes a long way, it does not irritate my skin or make me break out, and I didn't notice any smell whatsoever.
Since I multi prime my face every time I wear makeup, I put this on my t zone first
then follow it up with which ever one of my face primers I'm using that day.


This Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer works so well for me.
I use mostly matte or demi matte foundations and BB creams and obviously using this with an already matte foundation left me flawless and not one bit greasy by the end of the night.
But when I venture out into something that's not matte or made for my skin type
(as all makeup lovers do), such as the Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation ($39) which has some awesome hydrating ingredients and a more natural satin finish, this still kept me oil free by the end of the night.
There were a few times when using a not matte foundation or BB cream that my forehead looked as though it might be slightly oily but when I went to blot there actually wasn't anything there.
I think I'm just so used to being super fucking matte that any natural skin glow kinda had me busting out blotting tissues (lol).

This is a great option if you're looking for a matte primer and it's more affordable.
I know this is in the drugstore now because I seen it at Walgreen's, Ulta, or you can get it on Amazon.

What's your favorite primer?
Let me know in the comments below or stalk my social media pages.

https://alletseaesthetic.blogspot.com/p/contact.html




No comments:

Post a Comment